Welcome to the Methodology session! Here you can learn more about new research avenues in dendroprovenancing (Roberta D’Andrea, please also see the poster attachment), the advantage of applying daily climate data for climate correlations (Jernej Jevsenak), a new approach to derive forest responses to future climate (Achim Bräuning), what a piano can teach you about pointer years (Allan Buras) and latest advances in laser ablation (Gary Armstrong, Sercon).
1. Supplying wood for timber-framed houses in Limoges, France (Roberta D’Andrea)
2. Daily climate data reveal stronger climate-growth relationships especially for precipitation and SPEI data (Jernej Jevsenak)
3. A new approach to derive forest responses to future climate on the local scale by combining dendroecology, climate modelling and ESD (Achim Bräuning)
4. A novel approach for the detection of pointer years (Allan Buras)
5. Advances in Laser Ablation (Gary Armstrong, Sercon)